- Past Events -
The Ministry of Tourism and BrandHaiti Present: A New Image for Haiti International Competition!
Take part in this unique opportunity to change the image of Haiti by submitting your logo and/or slogan to the Ministry of Tourism‘s international competition! The slogans and logos chosen will become the official logo of the Ministry in Haiti. PREVIEW SUBMISSIONS AT: http://haititourisme.gouv.ht/concours2012/
Until midnight March 31st, imagine, create, compose, and draw the Haiti of your dreams! Describe Haiti in a few words in French, in Créole, in English, or in all three languages.
This contest is part of the Ministry’s national branding campaign, and is being disseminated throughout the Caribbean, Canada, France, and the United States. All Haitian diaspora and lovers of Haiti are welcome to participate! (Minimum age: 18)
The winners will receive round trip plane tickets to Haiti, 3 nights and 4 days and a meeting with Stéphanie Villedrouin, the Minister of Tourism of Haiti.
Please submit all proposals to:
To submit by email, please follow the below instructions:
Your submission must be three pages max (Word, PDF doc) + 1 attachment for the logo (JPEG format)
Subject line: Concours Ministere Tourisme 2012
- Last Name
- First Name
- Phone numbers
- Date of Birth
- Address, City and Country of Residence
-Logo + 10 lines explaining your creation
-Slogan(s) + 10 lines explaining your choice
Changeons l’image d’Haïti! An nou chanje imaj Ayiti! Let’s change Haiti’s image!
2nd Annual BrandHaiti Business Symposium, February 11, 2012 at 10:30AM (ET) at the Fletcher School of Law & Diplomacy on Tufts University Campus in Medford, MA. REGISTER NOW!
BrandHaiti is a non-profit, student-led marketing organization that re-brands the negative images and perceptions of Haiti currently dominating international discourse. Our goal is to highlight the Haitian people’s resiliency, creative capacity, and entrepreneurial ability to foster pro-Haitian business investment and revitalize a non-exploitative economy. We do so through a number activities, including the creation of a product line to connect Haitian artisans and entrepreneurs directly to markets, an inaugural spring break program to expose young foreign entrepreneurs to the beautiful Caribbean island of Haiti and network with Haitians, exposés of Haitian entrepreneurs on our website with photos and videos to highlight the positive aspects of doing business in Haiti, and many more.
List of confirmed speakers:
· Nicole Lee, Esq., President of TransAfrica
· Jean-Philippe Vixamar, CEO of Banque Nationale de Credit (BNC Haïti)
· Ralph Latorture, Former-General Consul of Haiti in Miami
· The Honorable Marie Jossie Etienne, Deputy of Milot for the 48ème Législature
· Drusillia Brown, Economist at Tufts and Chair of International Relations Studies
· Prof. Bernard Simonin, Nation-Branding Specialist at Fletcher School
· Genevieve Lemke, Owner of Wahoo Bay Beach Club & Resort in Haiti
· Joey Adler, CEO of Diesel and Founder of ONEXONE
· Jean-Patrick Lucien, CEO of BelSoley
· Fritz Charles, Managing Partner of Haiti Ventures
· Mathias Pierre, President of GaMa Group and Foundation ETRE Ayisyen
· Samuel Darguin, Managing Director of Haitian American Caucus in Haiti, Co-Founder of Alpha Phi Alpha Academy
· Jacques-Philippe Piverger, Founder & Chairman of Global Syndicate
· Wilhelm Lemke, CEO of d’Adesky Group
· Jennifer Lemke, Manager of Wahoo Bay Beach
· Legrand Gandhi Lindor, Esq., CEO of LGappareL, LLC, President of Provincial Real Estate Group
· François-Garel Jean-Enard de Vertières, King Henri Estate
· Chef Ron DuPrat, “Top Chef” and Culinary School of Haiti
In addition, Her Royal Highness Miss Haiti Universe 2011 Anedie Azael will screen a video at the event. Thank you to renowned “Top Chef” Ron DuPrat who has generously agreed to cater the event! Thank you also to Dave’s Fresh Pasta in Somerville, Sunrise, and Sister’s Caribbean Cuisine who have kindly donated Haitian and Italian cuisine for the symposium. Students will have an opportunity to network with the panelists during this delicious lunch break!
Tickets $10 for General Public, $5 w/ student ID, and $5 suggested donation w/ Tufts ID at the door!
BrandHaiti Benefit Concert: Thursday, December 8, 2011 at 9 PM (ET) in Hotung Café, Tufts University, Medford, MA
$5 Entry, proceeds will go towards the BrandHaiti Business Symposium at Fletcher School of Diplomacy February 12, 2012. Please visit our website for more information
BrandHaiti: “Rebranding Haiti” Symposium: Saturday, February 12, 2011 from 10:00 AM to 2:30 PM (ET) Medford, MA
We would love to invite you to the first U.S. university symposium on marketing, investment and entrepreneurship in Haiti.
BrandHaiti’s mission, and the purpose of the symposium is to bring to the forefront the commercial potential of Haiti while deconstructing the all too often negative conceptions of the country.
The conference will consist of four parts:
- Breakfast and lunch, generously donated by our sponsors
- Panels on growing the business capacity of Haitian entrepreneurs and building a positive Made-in-Haiti brand with U.S. consumers
- A fair of Haitian companies, products and organizations
- A career and networking event focused on social enterprise and business opportunities in Haiti in 2011
- Lexy Brooks - Relief Coordinator, Yele Haiti
- Stephan Jordan – Senior Vice President, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Aldagh McDonogh – Director, Souls of Haiti (Ireland)
James Kurz, Fonkoze Microfinance
- Dr. Rudolf Moise - Haitian-American Businessman and Activist
- Elizabeth Brown, Co-Founder, Choose Haiti
- Chad W. Bissonnette, Co-founder and Executive Director, Roots of Development